Hello and Welcome to Cloud Me Baby!

CMB is dedicated to improving efficiency & maximizing money making on cloud-based platforms:
-Amazon Mechanical Turk- -Clickworker- -oDesk- -UHRS- and -Other online job opportunities-.

If you are a registered member and cannot access the complete forum you have probably been flagged by our system for not meeting the POSTING POLICY.

SECURITY ALERT global announcement here. (Link corrected)

Changes Made

Everybody is new once. Don't be afraid to ask. Who knows maybe some of our more "seasoned" turkers will be able to help you out.

Changes Made

Post Number:#1  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:39 pm

I have made a few changes with the non mturk area of the forum and really do need your input on this since I mainly do mturk myself. Is there any change that I have made that does not make sense to those of you who actually work the other platforms? Is there platform that is not highlighted there that you would like to see? Any other input you have is appreciated too.

Also, I have noticed how cluttered the "Mturk Hit Discussion W/In-House Requesters" area is getting and that is GREAT considering it means that more requesters are coming to visit. However, with the clutter comes confusion so I was thinking about hiding the non active requesters names from the listing. Not getting rid of the sub forums ofc... but just hiding them from the listing on the main page of the index. What do you all think?
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru

Sex: Female

Re: Changes Made

Post Number:#2  Postby Shy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:54 pm

ThatGirl-ST wrote:snip...
Also, I have noticed how cluttered the "Mturk Hit Discussion W/In-House Requesters" area is getting and that is GREAT considering it means that more requesters are coming to visit. However, with the clutter comes confusion so I was thinking about hiding the non active requesters names from the listing. Not getting rid of the sub forums ofc... but just hiding them from the listing on the main page of the index. What do you all think?

I don't usually go looking in the forums. If its not on the recently updated threads board, or I search for it and don't find it, I usually don't search. However, if I search for a new requester and don't find it, that is when I go looking.

But, I do believe that technically yes, they are in-house requesters but if they are not active, then they are not in-house. So, hiding ones that are not active would be a good way to do a little clean up!

Just my opinion!
And the link to my store! https://www.ShawnaJIC.com
I also have coupon codes for first time buyers! Just Ask!
Shy
Teacher
Teacher

Post Number:#3  Postby Olive Green » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:02 pm

How about a "Past" or "Non-Active" Requesters Section? Somehow not show all the names on the forum section similar to "Mturk Hit Discussion-Other Requesters".
Olive Green
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid

Post Number:#4  Postby Shy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:57 pm

After I posted, I kept thinking about it. And I want to add that maybe have a sub-section for the "in-house, non-active" requesters. That way, when you initially open up the In house requesters forum, you can see right away who comes around and is interested in us. I hate to say it, but I (and am sure others feel this way) if a requester is here more often and willing to talk to us, I have NO PROBLEM jumping on their hits as they come up! Maybe this will act as a small incentive to check in with us even once and a while. I would say no posting requirements for them, but if one of us notices them in chat, we can send a message to you (st / wild) and can put them back in active status.

Not trying to create work! I think this forum is an awesome place to hang out! I belong to many different types of forums and the ones that are a real community and work together are my favorites! And while I am thinking about it, I wanted to offer to you and wild, if it gets to the point where you guys feel you need help, there are many of us here that are willing to do that for you guys!
And the link to my store! https://www.ShawnaJIC.com
I also have coupon codes for first time buyers! Just Ask!
Shy
Teacher
Teacher

Post Number:#5  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Well I guess I didn't make the changes so you all could see them earlier :baghead_f: . Now that you can see them does anyone have any other opinion. :lol:
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru

Post Number:#6  Postby Phebe » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I think it looks good, ST. Thank you, it was just what I was wanting! :)

I saw that some posts are sitting in the CW general area because you're probably not sure where they are supposed to go. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I posted UHRS hitapps, if they belonged to BH I usually put "BH-UHRS" in the post's title. So my other uhrs threads without that in the title should be about CW-UHRS work.
Phebe
Guru
Guru

Return to Questions About The Forum