Hello and Welcome to Cloud Me Baby!

CMB is dedicated to improving efficiency & maximizing money making on cloud-based platforms:
-Amazon Mechanical Turk- -Clickworker- -oDesk- -UHRS- and -Other online job opportunities-.


If you are a registered member and cannot access the complete forum you have probably been flagged by our system for not meeting the POSTING POLICY.

SECURITY ALERT global announcement here. (Link corrected)

Question About Lurkers

Everybody is new once. Don't be afraid to ask. Who knows maybe some of our more "seasoned" turkers will be able to help you out.

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#76  Postby Wild » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I really don't look at it as a warm and fuzzy feeling contest - though it does feel good to help. I see it more as everyone pitching in to make it the best possible working environment. It doesn't matter to me if you pitch in by making someone laugh or feel warm and fuzzy inside, help a requester w/ hit design, or playing the guinea pig on new hits. As long as you try to add something to the community your alright in my book.
...nothing wise here :delete:
User avatar
Wild
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Wherever the wind blows
Has thanked: 2681 times
Been thanked: 1395 times
Sex: Male

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#77  Postby workasaurusrex » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 pm

I think that's the nice thing about 2 per week...it doesn't lead to the mass amounts of random crap you might get at other places where earning the chance to see the good stuff in the forum is seemingly the equivalent of getting a master qual.
User avatar
workasaurusrex
Master Lurker
Master  Lurker
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 354 times
Sex: Male

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#78  Postby rmstiffler » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:47 am

Personally, I think that by restricting lurkers access or requiring a certain number of posts in a time period, you are cutting off a potential source of information. I am usually a lurker, mostly because what I have to say has already been said, and I don't see any point in saying the same thing or "I agree with... " When I do find something that hasn't been posted yet, I try to share. Earlier in the month, I came here to post something, and found that my access had been restricted due to inactivity. You all missed out on the opportunity I came here to share. It is frustrating that I have to choose either to forget this forum, since I won't be able to post when I have something to say, or come here to write "fluff" posts just to keep my post count up. It leaves a very negative impression of this website in my mind.
rmstiffler
 

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#79  Postby TurkinTina » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 am

rmstiffler, thing is you do not have to post fluff here. I think the idea is to keep out spammers with the post count. Or in Mturk talk, horrible workers. I have been around for a very long time and I truly dislike the whole idea of restricting an account for going inactive. But you have to see our point of view. When you have a forum that has for example 900 members and only 20 are actively posting but 300 are logging in daily you begin to feel people are 'using' the content and not helping I chose to be more active in this forum than other forums because they do require to post fluff and lots of it. I do not want to see tons of recipes and what's your fav tv shows when I am trying to find info on a Hit. I feel your pain but the admins here are very nice.

Now for my two cents, I didn't realize there was post count ratio to stay active. I truly dislike this, although I do understand it. I am not sure what that thresh hold is, but if it is twice a week like I seen suggested in an earlier post that's even more posts than required on other forums. .
I am pretty flighty when it comes to turking, and some times I just don't feel like posting because I am either working and don't have time to stop by or not on the net. The only reason I come as often as I do is because I know for a fact the CMB founder is a sweet heart and is not trying to be a dictator.

I hope you do come back rmstiffler as this is a great forum for info on turking and the people that hang in chat are very helpful too.
User avatar
TurkinTina
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:21 pm
Location: Earth
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#80  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:11 am

rmstiffler wrote:Personally, I think that by restricting lurkers access or requiring a certain number of posts in a time period, you are cutting off a potential source of information. I am usually a lurker, mostly because what I have to say has already been said, and I don't see any point in saying the same thing or "I agree with... " When I do find something that hasn't been posted yet, I try to share. Earlier in the month, I came here to post something, and found that my access had been restricted due to inactivity. You all missed out on the opportunity I came here to share. It is frustrating that I have to choose either to forget this forum, since I won't be able to post when I have something to say, or come here to write "fluff" posts just to keep my post count up. It leaves a very negative impression of this website in my mind.



I am sorry you feel that way rmstiffler as we really do not want to leave a negative impression with anyone. However, being that there is a quite a bit of knowledge here at CMB which helps people make more money we feel the site does have value and is worth a few post. It is not that we don't want people here that have information to share, it is just that we want our members to feel they can share without being taken advantage of. Every turker has some kind of experience with requesters on mturk that they can share. We are not looking for people to post "fluff" as you say. However, posting your experience with a requester, good or bad, does say a lot. It does not matter if someone else likes the same requester as you do or if someone else dislikes the same requester. Having more then one person post about their experience gives a more complete picture. If you have a question about a requester in which one person has issues and ten people have good things to say wouldn't you still give that requsters a chance? The same thing would go if there were ten people that had bad things to say and one person that had good things, it may make you think twice about that requester. We do not all feel the same way about requesters/hits. Everyone has an opinion and every opinion counts. Again, I am sorry if you feel that you will not be able to meet the posting requirements but this is a give and take forum and the policy is the only way to make sure that some people don't just come and take without giving. We are not a forum that looks for numbers and traffic. We did not create this forum for advertising revenue. This forum was created to help everyone make more money online as a team and if a team member is not willing to help by posting at least their experiences then they really aren't part of the team now are they?

@TurkingTina, I am surprised you did not know about the posting policy. Nor was I aware that 2 post a week averaged over a month was more then other forums. The only other mturk forum that requires a post count (that I know of) requires at least 100 post before you get access to the "good stuff" along with a time constraint. With CMB giving full access at first and only requiring 104 post per year (when averaged out) I really don't think it is excessive.
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
User avatar
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 1567 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#81  Postby TurkinTina » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 am

Over there i thought it was once you hit the required thresh hold you only had to post 5 times a month. I hate that it has to be this way here too, but like I said I truly understand. And I wasn't aware because I didn't really care so much and I like this place so I;ll be around regardless. And even as I am posting this I am just now noticing the red notice up top about full access. I just know the pros and cons of being on and off a forum. Before you guys created this place I was kinda in limbo. I missed several opportunities because I did not have access to a forum I thought I should have because I had contributed a lot.And wasn't turking a lot because I didn't have time to post all the friggin time due to life, but I was looking in. . .And all I could see was lame stuff lol

So on one hand I get it on the other I can see how someone would be upset to not have access if they really are trying to work hard when they could. But you are a very diplomtic and explain things with out being a turd about it, and that is what is going too keep people coming back, not a post count thresh hold.

Edit: let me make it clear i don't disagree with this policy. It just makes me sad i has to be this way. Its like the saying, "this is why we can't have nice things" lol
Also @ Stiffler umm at least here you know exactly what the requirements are. You won't find that else where.
User avatar
TurkinTina
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:21 pm
Location: Earth
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#82  Postby Lumpy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:44 am

Greetings,

I thought you might like to hear from a lurker. I am not trying to make a stink or be mean by stating my onpinion on this matter. I have had "the pleasure" of moderating forums in the past and read a few of the email replies SpamGirl has recieved... please don't take it that way.

All in all, I understand and agree with you wanting to have people participate. I have an online radio station that seems to have a problem with contributors... seems that I am a "dicktator" in requiring that DJs show up for their scheduled shows... In other words, I know the feeling.

I would suggest perhaps considering a longer probation period for n00bs like myself.(Then again, maybe you already have for I can still post this.) I hit this forum and two other turk related each day. I also use reddit. I have had the turk account (,being a web geek and trying just about every new service I hear of,) for a few years now but really only started using it in October.

Yes, I have "gotten" a great deal from this and other forums. However, I just don't have much to "give". I learned about TO, Turkalert and such by "getting" from your forum. I managed to pass the 500 hit mark by applying things learned from your forum. The problem for myself is that, at this time, anything I would "give" would just be a repost.

I agree that I could be more social and such but, no offense, I am just not the one who often chit-chats... However, if you had a question about audio production, Linux or IRC, I would likely chat your ear off. In short, I am one who generally chats online for a purpose. I do recognize that in myself and, such as this post, will set a timer to post to FB, twitter and forums but it is just not my normal mode of behavior.

Reading over this thread, it seems clear to me that your staff is trying to encourage us n00bs to get active here. As a suggest for discussion here, would adding a few more general interest threads such as "Your Life Outside of Turk", "What Browser do You Use?", or "What Operating System do You Use?" maybe help to encourage n00bs to post?

I dunno, just my two cents. Again, I don't mean any ill will by my comments. Thanks for all the giving and help with my turking and I wish you all the success with your forum.
User avatar
Lumpy
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:22 am
Location: https://twitter.com/Lumpy
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Sex: Male
About Me: Long time PC geek, (started with TRS 80s and Vic 20s), blogger, and podcaster.

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#83  Postby Lane » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am

Lumpy wrote:Greetings,

I thought you might like to hear from a lurker. I am not trying to make a stink or be mean by stating my onpinion on this matter. I have had "the pleasure" of moderating forums in the past and read a few of the email replies SpamGirl has recieved... please don't take it that way.

All in all, I understand and agree with you wanting to have people participate. I have an online radio station that seems to have a problem with contributors... seems that I am a "dicktator" in requiring that DJs show up for their scheduled shows... In other words, I know the feeling.

I would suggest perhaps considering a longer probation period for n00bs like myself.(Then again, maybe you already have for I can still post this.) I hit this forum and two other turk related each day. I also use reddit. I have had the turk account (,being a web geek and trying just about every new service I hear of,) for a few years now but really only started using it in October.

Yes, I have "gotten" a great deal from this and other forums. However, I just don't have much to "give". I learned about TO, Turkalert and such by "getting" from your forum. I managed to pass the 500 hit mark by applying things learned from your forum. The problem for myself is that, at this time, anything I would "give" would just be a repost.

I agree that I could be more social and such but, no offense, I am just not the one who often chit-chats... However, if you had a question about audio production, Linux or IRC, I would likely chat your ear off. In short, I am one who generally chats online for a purpose. I do recognize that in myself and, such as this post, will set a timer to post to FB, twitter and forums but it is just not my normal mode of behavior.

Reading over this thread, it seems clear to me that your staff is trying to encourage us n00bs to get active here. As a suggest for discussion here, would adding a few more general interest threads such as "Your Life Outside of Turk", "What Browser do You Use?", or "What Operating System do You Use?" maybe help to encourage n00bs to post?

I dunno, just my two cents. Again, I don't mean any ill will by my comments. Thanks for all the giving and help with my turking and I wish you all the success with your forum.


There is a break room area on the forum as you may have seen.
If not it is here viewforum.php?f=10
There I am sure it is fine to post the threads that you have mentioned that are of more general interests.

I am sure there are enough hits out there to where you could contribute the minimum, maybe not during the past couple weeks because of the lack of hits, but once mturk gets back to having more good hits I am sure you'll be able to find plenty to post that others have not already gotten to doing so.
User avatar
Lane
Teacher
Teacher
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#84  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm

We actually do want to hear from both lurkers and non lurkers hun. Thank you very much for your post.

I am happy to know that you have had the "pleasure" of moderating forums in the past as you then have a bit of an understanding of what it takes. As for the email replies Spamgirl has received I am sure they have been some nasty notes as many people feel they are entitled to the information that these forums hold just because they have an mturk account. (Although I have also been on the receiving end from SG before so I know she can dish it out just as well. :lol: )

As stated in the posting policy (and as you have noticed yourself) we do have a probationary period before "n00bs" go into lurker mode. However, as you have also stated, you have already received some helpful information from this forum. The only thing we ask is that n00bs help by giving back. Have you had a good experience with a requester? Have you had a bad experience with a requester? Have you seen a good survey or a good batch of hits that have gone up? These are all things that are looking for. Sure, you may have had a good/bad experience with the same requester as someone else but there really is something about the numbers when it comes to requesters. If there are 2 people on a forum that like a requester I may think twice and use caution on if that requester is new to me. However, if there are 20 people that like that requester I may hold back a little less. Also, like Lane has pointed out, we do have an off topic area where people can post anything they want that is not work related and everyone is welcome to start a new thread.

Just to be clear though, unlike the other forum you have referred to, we do allow every member to have full access right away. We do not hide any information from "n00bs" and we welcome everyone. We do not make people post BS post just to get to "the good stuff" and we do not belittle people for asking questions. However, in all honesty (please don't take offense) if people are not willing share at all then I don't feel the are "entitled" to the information that those who do take the time to post and share have to give.

I guess the main point here is that everyone has something they can contribute no matter how new or old. Granted, people may not make it a point to come to CMB everyday or post every day and that is just fine. That is why the posting requirements are set as low as they are. It is also why the requirements are averaged out over a period of time and why people are welcome to come back right where they left off if they ever find themselves needing a holiday from the forum. :yes_f:


Edit: btw.. I also notice that this is your first and only post in over a month of membership. This thread may be a good place to start too: :giggle_f: viewforum.php?f=50
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
User avatar
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 1567 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#85  Postby Lumpy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Usually, I do go to a forum intro area and introduce myself when I join. I was having some fun hardware issues right after I got rolling on turk... i think i missed you guys. sorry.

I will try and give you some more feedback. I don't think, I am as active in turk as many of you are but I will do what I can where I can. I will post an itro today or tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.
User avatar
Lumpy
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:22 am
Location: https://twitter.com/Lumpy
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Sex: Male
About Me: Long time PC geek, (started with TRS 80s and Vic 20s), blogger, and podcaster.

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#86  Postby Ballroom Dancer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm fairly new to Turking and CMB, and I do post regularly in the CrowdSource form because that is where I work and I find it helpful to read what others have to say who are also working for CS. I suppose a twice-a-week average for posting isn't too much to ask. My only concern is that if someone got sick, or some other trauma occurred, the participation would go "out the window" for a while......or if a person went on vacation. I was thinking that I would simply notify ThatGirl as to the trouble so CMB administrators would know why I was not participating. I just read that there is already a way to put one's membership "On Hold". I don't know how to do that at this point; I'll have to check it out......in case of an emergency.

But to answer the question, no, I don't think writing two posts a week is too much to ask when we are around; however, some weeks a person simply may not have access to a computer, or have a situation like Workerwolf. If we know we are going to be absent for a week or more, should we automatically put our
memberships on "hold"?
User avatar
Ballroom Dancer
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Location: Winchester, Virginia
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#87  Postby Wild » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:36 pm

It's no big deal honestly. All that happens if you don't post for awhile is you go into lurker status. If/When you decide you want to start posting again you just ask to be turned back "on". We hate doing it, as it's a big time sucker, but we feel it's the only way to be fair to the people working their tails off by adding content to the site. Honestly, we get a lot a grief over this but when you see people constantly gathering tips and info w/out so much as a hello it turns people off of sharing.
...nothing wise here :delete:
User avatar
Wild
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Wherever the wind blows
Has thanked: 2681 times
Been thanked: 1395 times
Sex: Male

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#88  Postby Ballroom Dancer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

ThatGuy - Wild wrote:It's no big deal honestly. All that happens if you don't post for awhile is you go into lurker status. If/When you decide you want to start posting again you just ask to be turned back "on". We hate doing it, as it's a big time sucker, but we feel it's the only way to be fair to the people working their tails off by adding content to the site. Honestly, we get a lot a grief over this but when you see people constantly gathering tips and info w/out so much as a hello it turns people off of sharing.


It just occurred to me that if turning people back "on" after being absent is a big time sucker, why don't we simply notify you of a given time period that we will be away, and then you don't bother to turn us "off". You will then know that we are legitimately "away", and we can then post "I'm back" upon return - corresponding to the previously notified time period. That might save you a lot of time taking people "out" and then back "in". I would think a computer program could keep track of this - knowing whether a person was simply signed out for a given time period, OR......if they were actually just Lurking. Would this work? Of course, someone could lie.....I suppose......and be signed out just because they didn't want to participate for a while. Would someone really bother doing that I wonder? One never knows! Anyway, this is just a thought to perhaps save wear and tear and time for CBM administrators. :embarrassedgirl:
User avatar
Ballroom Dancer
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Location: Winchester, Virginia
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#89  Postby Wild » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Yes, that's a fine way to do it too, one that is perfectly workable, and has been done somewhat successfully too. The problem is that people tend to not be thoughtful enough to say anything most times. We usually leave folks that haven't signed in in awhile active for that very reason too if they were active before. We try and focus on folk that don't post ever, and yet still visit daily to see which way the fortunes are blowing - if you get my drift :P
...nothing wise here :delete:
User avatar
Wild
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: Wherever the wind blows
Has thanked: 2681 times
Been thanked: 1395 times
Sex: Male

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#90  Postby Ballroom Dancer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Sounds good to me! My Turking guy and I will simply notifiy you when we need to be away! :)
User avatar
Ballroom Dancer
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Location: Winchester, Virginia
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#91  Postby Serra » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm

ThatGuy - Wild wrote: We try and focus on folk that don't post ever, and yet still visit daily to see which way the fortunes are blowing - if you get my drift :P


If I were a hugger, I would hug you! You guys have been great to me and I remember asking one day if the lady of the house (or either of you, admin in general) could "see" where I went when I logged in. It made me feel better, just in the fact that it could be seen that I wasn't a tip-grabber-and-runner-offer. When I come here it is usually for a very specific reason - like when I discovered the HP HITs or when I got the guts to attempt a Top Tier Qual again with CS. Hopefully I'll be able to help as much as I've been helped. :D
Serra
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 am
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 125 times
Sex: Male

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#92  Postby Crayonshaver » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Here are some issues I see:

For me, I started turking a year ago. At that very same time, I joined my first ever forum (not this one). I had no idea how it worked. When I asked a question about how it worked, the response was pretty volatile - "use the search feature if you don't know something" or "you're in the wrong area". Obviously if I'd never even used a forum before, I didn't even know it HAD a search feature or how to begin to use it. I figured it out eventually, but I was still unsure how to do things on the forum itself, let alone mTurk. For some, the learning curve is pretty high.

Second, I spent a good bit of time learning. The jargon is pretty thick and info flies quickly. It was probably 3 months before I was fast enough to contribute anything.

Lastly, I only do one kind of HIT right now. I do CS Top Tier Writing only. Although there is good conversation, it normally comes in the form of information we need to know from Kristen. I do post there, but I really don't post anywhere else. Now when the writing HITS go away, I'll go back to surveys and batch HITS, but right now, I'm only writing. There's just not a lot of conversation to be had; however, this is THE best place for info from the requester.

I totally understand and don't want to seem like a taker. What do you guys suggest I do? I really do want suggestions.
User avatar
Crayonshaver
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#93  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 pm

@ Crayonshaver

I completely understand where you are coming from but first off let me say that we are NOT that other forum. We are very willing to answer any questions you may have so please feel free to ask. Secondly, if Crowdsource is the only place you need access to then you have no worries. The Crowdsource threads are open to all no matter what category of user you are in. We do this out of appreciation to Kristen and the rest of the CS clan that send people our way for the information. If you have been placed in "lurker" mode if and when the writing hits run dry, the only thing you need to do to regain access to the rest of the forums is send ThatGuy-Wild or I a pm with the posting policy in mind. Lastly, I do see that you post on another forum quite often and I would hope that you would be able to do the same here eventually.
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
User avatar
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 1567 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#94  Postby Crayonshaver » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 pm

ThatGirl-ST wrote: Lastly, I do see that you post on another forum quite often and I would hope that you would be able to do the same here eventually.


I'm new to CMB, only a few weeks, so I'm still trying to find my way around. Only came across this thread yesterday and thought I would try to contribute my 2 cents. Plus, I have been posting on the CS forum. I don't think I've made it to the 2/week yet here, but once I find out where everything is, I probably will.
User avatar
Crayonshaver
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#95  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Crayonshaver wrote:
ThatGirl-ST wrote: Lastly, I do see that you post on another forum quite often and I would hope that you would be able to do the same here eventually.


I'm new to CMB, only a few weeks, so I'm still trying to find my way around. Only came across this thread yesterday and thought I would try to contribute my 2 cents. Plus, I have been posting on the CS forum. I don't think I've made it to the 2/week yet here, but once I find out where everything is, I probably will.


Great to hear. I was getting a bit worried since your account was made in November. We really are usually and easy going bunch so put your 2 cents in where you feel it is right. If you put it in the wrong place we can move it for you no big deal. Again, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Shell
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
User avatar
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 1567 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#96  Postby Crayonshaver » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm

ThatGirl-ST wrote:
Crayonshaver wrote:
ThatGirl-ST wrote: I was getting a bit worried since your account was made in November.


I made the account but never lurked, I had forgotten I had even done it until a few weeks back.
User avatar
Crayonshaver
Teachers Aid
Teachers Aid
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#97  Postby miboje » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:22 am

I can only speak for myself, of course. I am pretty sure I can mange at least 2 posts per week. My problem is that I don't have time to turk every day, and I may even go a week without turking, like now. I just haven't had time. The times that I've been to the site so far, and I'm new and still trying to find my way around, I haven't checked for posted HITs at all, I'm just trying to figure things out for now.

When I do get time to turk, I know HITs can be posted and gone in seconds. Heck, even when I get that evening email from CrowdSource that HITs are available, they disappear before I can get there. I want to contribute, just not sure it's going to be HITs.
miboje
Novice
Novice
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#98  Postby bleumana » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm brand new. This is my second post on here, so that makes me a newborn TurkForumPerson. I really, really appreciate that this forum is open. I've been trying to figure out mTurk for a while, got frustrated, gave up, decided to try again like a year later, and now here I am. This forum is super helpful and the tone is really nice/chill in a way that is welcoming and friendly. Super appreciate that. I think that having the info open for your users is what sets you apart. As a new forum user (on both this and that one), I'm looking for a place that is friendly and helpful where I can contribute by asking questions and adding to conversations. It's difficult to do that in a new environment (even on the internet) because it can take a little while to get used to a place. So taking a stance that is like "hey, we're totally open to everyone" feels a lot less intimidating, a lot friendlier, and a lot more helpful than closing off parts of your community to noobs. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the openness is what sets you apart and attracted me to your site in the first place. I don't know if that matters for this discussion, but it might. Thanks.
User avatar
bleumana
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times
Sex: Female

Re: Question About Lurkers

Post Number:#99  Postby ThatGirl - ST » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Awwww :thanks: bleumana. Actually your comment does relate to this discussion. :yes_f: And besides that it is SOOOOO great to hear. Thank you and welcome to the CMB family. :family:
Those who think their lovely doesn't stink haven't taken their head out of their asses long enough to know the difference. :biggrin:
User avatar
ThatGirl - ST
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am
Has thanked: 2774 times
Been thanked: 1567 times
Sex: Female

Previous

Return to Questions About The Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron